Red terror

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stang23456

Aquarium Advice Regular
About to set up my new 90 gallon American tank. Thinking of the following set up:

Red terror, red devil, jaguar, JD and flowerhorn. Will this work ?

No sir, this would be the end result in a short time frame. That stock list wouldn't work in a 6ft 180 in my opinion.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
I'd pick 1 of the above species (and definitely NOT the flowerhorn) for a 90. Jags are too large. Red Devils and red terrors are too aggressive to be housed win tank mates in a 90. Jd's wouldn't be able to hold their own against such aggressive species. Flowerhorns are awful hybrids that IMHO have no place in the hobby when there are so many beautiful naturally occurring species

Well I don't really want just one specie in one tank. Which two would be the best if I did ?

Well I don't really want just one specie in one tank. Which two would be the best if I did ?

Unless you get a 6' tank you are limited to one of the aforementioned cichlids. If you just don't want one fish try adding some larger tetras to give the tank more movement and color or start over on your stock list.

Maybe try the whole stock list but instead of pumping in co2 like people do for plants, you could pump in liquid Valium to mellow everybody out. Only way to pull that list off with no death toll.

I say get a couple Thorichthys meeki and some dithers. Maybe a small bottom feeder.

Last edited:
Ok. If had to which specie would go best with JDS ?

Out of your initial stock list? ZERO! But you could do a pair of JDs, a school of buenos aires tetras, and a couple hoplo catfish, or perhaps the more robust, but African, synodontis catfish of the rift lakes

Back
Top Bottom