Red terrors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so was at my lfs today and as I'm doing my walk around (as usual) I see a tank full of what are supposedly red terror juvies. You let me know what y'all think. If they are I might be getting some tomorrow after work.

Attachments

• image-1080742882.jpg
    image-1080742882.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 102
  • image-1325480503.jpg
    image-1325480503.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 105
How can you tell? I'm not dis-agreeing, just trying to soak up some knowledge.

HUKIT said:
Eye on the caudal fin is large and centered, in festae it's smaller and higher.

I have two LFS that carry "red terrors" and one had been true and one the Mayan. Is the false red terror situation as bad as what happened with the green terrors?

I have two LFS that carry "red terrors" and one had been true and one the Mayan. Is the false red terror situation as bad as what happened with the green terrors?

You mean numerous fish being called by a common name? Or mayans being more common than festae? In this case there are only two fish sharing a common name, not three.

You mean numerous fish being called by a common name? Or mayans being more common than festae? In this case there are only two fish sharing a common name, not three.

I mean as bad in the sense that a green terror in the store is rarely "thee green terror". Is it the same with 99% of red terrors being Mayans and not festae?

I mean as bad in the sense that a green terror in the store is rarely "thee green terror". Is it the same with 99% of red terrors being Mayans and not festae?

I don't believe the percentage is that high, but yes the majority of the time they're mayans. TUIC calls them mexican red terrors.

Back
Top Bottom