Red top blue zebra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi so I've had a fully grown red top zebra for about a year probably more and recently I added a large 7 bar Frontosa that is about 1.5-2 times larger then the zebra and the zebra really doesn't seem happy he seems to have started nipping at the long pelvic find of the Frontosa. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How large is the tank? Frontasa get big and 7 is a big bio load. And it's not the best to mix these fish together.

Hi so I've had a fully grown red top zebra for about a year probably more and recently I added a large 7 bar Frontosa that is about 1.5-2 times larger then the zebra and the zebra really doesn't seem happy he seems to have started nipping at the long pelvic find of the Frontosa. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Sorry it's early in the morning lol. Thought it said 7 my bad ?. But the same rule applies not the best to mix these fish and if you don't have the right tank size the bio load will still be big.

Why is it that they shouldn't be kept together. I've seen many aquarium stores that have kept the two of them together successfully

Why is it that they shouldn't be kept together. I've seen many aquarium stores that have kept the two of them together successfully

That's generally short term for until things sell. I would never suggest that a fish keeping practice was acceptable because a pet store was doing it. they break most rules of fish keeping.

The frontosa are big but not very aggressive to other fish. The munba will nip the Dina to nubs and stress the frontosa.

first of all the come from different lakes that have different water parameters. Secondly the mbuna are a lot more aggressive than the fronts.

After being in the tank for 2 days now things seem to have calmed down a bit. When I move all my Africans to a bigger tank I'll most likely be getting rid of the zebra

Back
Top Bottom