Red Zebra had her babies!!! Now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
My red zebra finally had her babies yesterday. I currently have her in a 10g tank. i think there are between 10-15 fry, cant get a good head count yet.

So now what do I do? I plan on bringing them to the cichlid breeder I deal with but when do I do that? A month old or less? I bought fry food too but they arent eating yet it seems.

Also when do I remove the mother? A week or two is that right?

thanks guys I really need help on this one lol

I left my mother fish in the tank for a week until she was swimming and eating really good. For me, the fry started eating after a day or two. Seems like they needed to adjust to the tank first. Then they ate like pigs. As far as moving them, I waited until they were at least an inch long. Tough to count them when they're all over the place isn't it. I still have no idea how many fry were in my last brood.

thanks for the input. My mother is still taking the babies from time to time and putting them back in her mouth so I guess she's nowhere near ready to take out. I'll check it out in a week or so.

Any idea how long the babies will take to get to an inch? I have a need for the 10g tank they are in lol

Back
Top Bottom