Red Zebras with Peacocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyG

Aquarium Advice Regular
wondering if I can have red zebras with peacocks in a 75g. went back and got a few today for some color. not too sure how aggressive they can be with peacocks. zebras are about 1 1/2". I realize they are a more aggressive fish but I've seen videos together as well. there is no problem taking them back just want to do the right thing for the others.

So far there are 18 peacocks, 3 yellow labs, 1 Acei, 1 firefish. all are about 2" and firefish is 3+.

thanks
Jimmy

Red zebras are very aggressive so hopefuly the peacocks can hold their own against the red zebras.

It seems to be very hit and miss with red zebras.Sometimes they are pretty aggressive but I have seen several very mild ones.Having said that they are probably a bit too boisterous to be in with peacocks.In my experience peacocks don't work with mbuna too well long term.I found the peacocks growth and colour stunted because they were stressed being in with mbuna but it can work it all depends on the individual fish.You won't know until you try.
You are ready to rehome if necessary so just keep a close eye on them and watch for early signs of fin nipping and bullying.Your biggest problems would manifest when the fish mature as that is when the true aggression will appear.
Good luck whatever choice you make.

thank you all very much I really appreciate it... will keep an eye as they grow together.

BTW, I do have another tank running if needed.

JimmyG said:
thank you all very much I really appreciate it... will keep an eye as they grow together.

BTW, I do have another tank running if needed.

Agreed to what garfy said I have mine mixed. They leave each other alone but mine don't show any aggressibeness at all

Back
Top Bottom