redoing my cichlid 80 gallon tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostking010

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I resently lost all my fish now I have to start all over I want scrub one to give me some ideas as to what kinde of cichlids I should get I'm really into mixing my spicis lol can't spell but give me some ideas with don pics so I can see what they look like thnks hers a pic of the tank now all that's in it is a pleco

ForumRunner_20120516_120216.jpg

ForumRunner_20120516_120134.jpg

I did not fully cycle my tank lol I rushed to get them in so the got shocked

How are you cycling it now? I assume a fish in cycle with your surviving Pleco? Have you read the guidelines for fish in cycling? Do you have test kits so that you can monitor your water parameters? If you are doing a full cycle (fish in or fishless), you can expect it to take many weeks. This will give you a lot of time to plan your stock. But take your time on it and don't rush.

Fishless its cycle for two days with just the pleco its ready now tho I tested it and just came back from the pet store check it out the fish I bought

ForumRunner_20120516_195245.jpg

ForumRunner_20120516_195142.jpg

ForumRunner_20120516_195125.jpg

You need to take it easy with adding fish. In your last thread you said 13 fish died when adding them. Add maybe 1 fish every 2 weeks while your tanks cycles and your beneficial bacteria grow. Your tank might be boring for a few weeks but it will be better for the fish in the long run.

Also even though your tank is cycled it can't handle a surplus of fish at one time as the BB have to grow to accommodate the fish.

As for your tank it would be better to add some more rocks like you do right now to have hiding spaces for you cichlids.

They only died cus I did not aquamate them properly I rushed I also added safe drops in to make it safe for them they bin in for quit a wile and there good and I heard u shouldn't and cichlids one at a time due to they are teratorial so I'm doing 4 at a time like I did the first time just saying

Back
Top Bottom