Rehoming and restocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tomorrow is the big day, I am officially rehoming all the fish that shouldn't be in my tank together. That means half of my cichlids or 13 plus a common pleco.

My guys being rehomed are:
bumblebee-2
kenyi-2
jewels-2
yellow labs-2
johanni female-1
Experatus-2
Auratus-2

I'm keeping:
red empress'- 4
giraffes-2
Johanni elec. blue male-1
Red zebra- 2
Zebra OB-1
Zebra Obliquens(hap ones)- 2

So that will leave me with 12 in my 55g. But I will have a 125g shortly so that leaves me with alot of restocking options. Should I get any tomorrow when I'm at the breeders or wait for the 125 tank?

I am thinking staying with Haps and Peacocks. The only mbuna are the 4 I'm keeping unless I get 2 more red zebra females to round them out.

So what do you guys think? You still on rookie? I'd like your input it's always great!

Thanks all :)

I am... Only because of insomnia. You seriously give me more credit than I deserve.

This isn't advice, but a question. Why the red zebras. I guess I don't see the point in doing an all hap/peacock tank if you're including mbuna. After all, the red zebras are the ones you've had the aggression problems with. I see that as a problem when you put the mild mannered peacocks and haps in on the mix.

I know, if it was totally my call I would exclude them. But the only fish in the whole tank my b/f picked out is "ugly" the red OB. I'd feel terrible giving that one away. And the femal is holding so I dont wanna give her back in that condition.

I hate being in this position.

And I give you the credit that you DO deserve. Silly silly lol

Well hmmm... I would at least get rid of one of the male red zebras. You have two right?

I'd wait until the 125 is ready to go before getting anymore. You definitely don't want to have to restor to the 10g jail tanks if at all possible.

I think I can rehome one of the male red zebras. Don't think Ill get too much slack for that. LOL He's a little beat up but it also will get my qt tank back to just 1 fish.

See you are a bounty of good information. Sometimes I just gotta talk things out with someone. Thanks a TON!

Ok sounds like a plan. So if I rehome like I said above plus the M. Zebra hows it look otherwise? do you think it's a good starting point for stocking the 125?

Sorry to keep you awake. ;-)

I'll bug ya tomorrow. LOL (lucky you)

Have a good night.

Anyone else have any comments or thoughts?

i agree with rooke on this, i think if you were going to keep any of the mbuna it should be the yellow labs IMO they seem to be the most mellow out of any of the mbuna i have had. Even with that said if you want peacocks i would try to rehome all of them.

Well the deed is done. Even caught the pleco! I am now stocked in a 55g:

4 Red Empress
2 Giraffes
2 Zebra Obluquens
1 Elec blue johanni ( he was our first real fish, cant part w/him)
1 Zebra OB

in a 10g: 1 sick johanni
in a 10g: 1 holding red zebra

So how's it look now? The tank seems so peaceful now.
If necessary we can rehome the Female red after she has her babies. Not sure what we're gonna do about that.

Did look at some real nice fish at the breeder today, so many i cant even remember their names! But we are holding off on stocking anything else til we get the 125g.

Am considering getting a pleco, not a common monster one any suggestions? Has to be cichlid friendly and cool looking.

Thanks!!!!

Looks like the start to a really nice 125g. crossing my fingers that wife gives in for some Flavus and Acei for my 120 :)

Back
Top Bottom