replacements for convicts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatthewM

Aquarium Advice Activist
So against good advice I have 3 convicts in my 125 gallon that I'm turning into a mixed cichlid tank the only other tankmates for now are a l
Pictus cat a albino Oscar and a zig zag eel! They don't bother their mates but they are barely over a inch and a half and are already very aggresive with each other and I I.tend to add a red severum and EBJD soon! So I'm worried to keep them and am looking for advice on replacement fish! Would blue acara work well or should I be looking elsewhere

The jack could be a problem, ive seen some nasty ones. I love severums and plan on getting a hero sev, yellow/gold sev, and a red sev with oscars once I get room for a 200g. Imo i think the blue acara would work as long as it was a bit bigger.

As far as the EBJD goes from what I've read and heard they are wimps compared to he regular version of JDs so I'm hoping he will be fine but what I'm more worried about is the convicts killing him I have plenty of room and hiding places for smaller fish I just don't want my cons to bully a expensive EBJD to death is rather get acaras to replace them and the Oscar is a sweetheart he doesn't even notice the other fish so he's not a worry either!

Well since you put it that way, id probably give it a try. Id put him in with the lights out just to not make it real noticeable. Goodluck!

Back
Top Bottom