River rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shammrock

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone! Hope all is well! I live in new York, and I'm looking for large to medium sized river rock. Seems hard to find in the in these parts. Even checked places like home depot , and similar places. Any ideas on line or other wise?trying to make my next African setup, as close to the natural habitat as possible . (2/2)

Thank you too all!

Find a good shallow river with good rapids and flowing water.. I got plenty of good rocks like this for my tanks . Pour boiling water over them in a bucket. Do not boil the rocks themselves they can potentialy explode

Shammrock said:
Hello everyone! Hope all is well! I live in new York, and I'm looking for large to medium sized river rock. Seems hard to find in the in these parts. Even checked places like home depot , and similar places. Any ideas on line or other wise?trying to make my next African setup, as close to the natural habitat as possible . (2/2)

Thank you too all!

Do your Lfs not have any? Sometimes they can do a nice selection of rocks but can be quite pricey...

Keep it cheap and make a nice day out of a hike into the woods somewhere. I made a trip with a few friends and we all carried about 75 lbs back out with us. The next couple days consisted of boiling rocks and soaking them in a 1:40 bleach/water mix. Also make sure to scrub them in between each step to not allow any parasites or disease enter your tank of hard work.

Back
Top Bottom