Rock Haul..!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well guys the tank looks really good now, I got up for an early morning wiz and decided to check on the tank, here's a pic of it, I'm happy with how it came out and the fish have never been happier. Thanks for all the positive reinforcement guys!!

It's looking great!

Thanks bud! I'm really loving my tank now.

I had a question for you guys what do you think about plant accents..? A few taller ones maybe 2-3 idk anyone have pics..?

Plants with African cichlids are always a gamble, I would try Anubias, Java Fern and Bolbitis.

Key word "accents" I don't want to get into a planted tank anytime soon lol I mean plastic plants,

All those attach to rocks and a couple of members have had good success with those plants in their Mbuna tanks. If you want plastic plants can't help ya there, I don't use them. Most of Lake Malawi is devoid of plants except for the shallows where there is a species of Val that adapted to the high PH.

I think the tank looks great as is! Will look even better when the algae covers the rocks.

Key word "accents" I don't want to get into a planted tank anytime soon lol I mean plastic plants,

I think it would look great with some plants. I have a lot of plastic plants in my tank and I think that it looks great. It makes it not so plain looking imo

All those attach to rocks and a couple of members have had good success with those plants in their Mbuna tanks. If you want plastic plants can't help ya there, I don't use them. Most of Lake Malawi is devoid of plants except for the shallows where there is a species of Val that adapted to the high PH.

I think the tank looks great as is! Will look even better when the algae covers the rocks.

Really? I wasn't aware of that, I thought all plants needed to be, planted.. Lol well thanks Im super happy with how it turned out, and will the rocks get really green..?

Really? I wasn't aware of that, I thought all plants needed to be, planted.. Lol well thanks Im super happy with how it turned out, and will the rocks get really green..?

All the ferns, mosses and Anubias actually do best attached to rock or drift wood. Depending on your lighting and the photo period it's very likely they can get a nice green film.

All the ferns, mosses and Anubias actually do best attached to rock or drift wood. Depending on your lighting and the photo period it's very likely they can get a nice green film.

Well ill be booting the t5 soon and going led, and what's the photo period..?

I usually buy my plants from Michaels Hobby Store. Cheaper, and better IMO.

I think it would look great with some plants. I have a lot of plastic plants in my tank and I think that it looks great. It makes it not so plain looking imo

Sorry! Didn't see you reply lol I think it would look great but I don't know what plants to use, or what to looks for, I like the underwater lily plants you have in your where did you get those..?

Back
Top Bottom