Rock putty!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Badman85

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm setting up a cichlid tank and having a wall of ocean rock at the back if the tank. is there anything that can get to help keep the rocks from falling.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Silicone would work. Make sure it's 100% silicone. I've used the windows and doors to reseal aquariums. DO NOT get the kitchen and bath, it has mildew stuff in it....

Try superglue + baking soda. You can look up how to do it. It'll have to be done on a dryish surface though.

Thankyou for you're help. Just one more question. What would suit my mbuna better, a wall of rock at the back or like a mountain in the middle.

I have mine not against the back so they can swim around. But mine is not siliconed together or anything, so j can rearrange if I add anyone to tank or want too.

Attachments

• image-2669607899.jpg
    image-2669607899.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1572849003.jpg
    image-1572849003.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 103
  • image-2653049327.jpg
    image-2653049327.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 94
There's mostly rock I found in my yard and Vermont slate from my best friends family farm in Vermont and fossil slate my dad dug out of the mine. And there's some holey rock my dad found somewhere on one of his trips. I'm cheap and it works :) I also have some land scape lava rocks behind all of them for the lil fry to hide in.

Back
Top Bottom