Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Exclamation Ruby Red Death - please help diagnose

I just had my Ruby Red die. No real changes in the tank. I did a 40% pwc on Sun. He was eating fine then just vanished. He was 3 5/8 in long and coloring beautifully. My Jake pulled him from his burial site so I pulled him up. After inspection he had no signs of real trauma. Stomach was normal not distended. The only routine change was I fed frozen that night as a treat instead of flake. brine shrimp, blood worm and some veggie matter.
Has anyone experenced this type of death. It seems I have done this now for the fourth time with different fish.

Ruby Red
Stepens eye
Bi-color
Malari

All dead the same way about 2 months apart.
I have 18 other healthy fish in that tank.

PLEASE Help ME!!!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 PM   #2

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I would start with basics like what are your current water parameters? Could have been a large swing in ph? Any other signs of illness like stringy white pooh or reclusive behavior?

Tags
death, eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com