rusty sex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowman17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Starting my all male tank and wanted to get opinions on the sex of my rusty

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131121_230756.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131121_230756.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 92
  • ForumRunner_20131121_230807.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131121_230807.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 97
funny thread title. It was a shock to see first thing in the morning so many jokes came to mind :) left pic is a little hard to say I think female. Right is definitely female.

I should say I have never owned and really don't know anything about rusties. But if there "parts" are the same as other cichlids and they look like they are, then female.

Thanks for the feed back and yes the title sounds a bid wrong lol and I was leaning towards female because I seen it getting courted by my carbro but the vents almost look the same size to me so wanted others opinion

Thanks for the feed back and yes the title sounds a bid wrong lol and I was leaning towards female because I seen it getting courted by my carbro but the vents almost look the same size to me so wanted others opinion

yep when the vents are the same size its female I always describe it like this OO Female Oo Male. or on some other types of cichlids O > Male

A little fuzzy to see but it does look female. I keep this photo for general reference, different species might have slight changes but you get the idea

image-1526975220.jpg

Yea I end up shipping her off to a LFS in oak park. While there i seen a beautiful male ob trewavasae for 30 bones tho smh would have def got him for a Lil less.

Back
Top Bottom