Sand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh... In the lowest part it's 1 1/2 inch and where the one had dug and built up some it's almost 3 inches

If there is no movement in the sand toxins will build up. When you do your water changes take the gravel vac and push it in the sand ( different areas every time) pull it out of the sand slowly, give it a little shake about an inch above. This will get all the sand out of the vac or at least the bigger bits you wanna keep. This will aerate the sand and remove the toxins. I use real sand not pool filter idk if the pool filter sand is smaller particle or not.

Murano22s said:
If there is no movement in the sand toxins will build up. When you do your water changes take the gravel vac and push it in the sand ( different areas every time) pull it out of the sand slowly, give it a little shake about an inch above. This will get all the sand out of the vac or at least the bigger bits you wanna keep. This will aerate the sand and remove the toxins. I use real sand not pool filter idk if the pool filter sand is smaller particle or not.

This works fine with actual sand. Pfs is lighter and just gets sucked up

I had purchased an extra 50lb bag of the pfs to make sure its all the same color and every so often will add a little to the tank

Back
Top Bottom