Sand or Crushed Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yah he's very whiteish blue. That pics from direct under blue led so he looks more blue. Awesome fish cuz the females look good too

I'm still jealous of your saulosi I still want a breeding pair! I think if I remember right you have a pair right?

I'm still jealous of your saulosi I still want a breeding pair! I think if I remember right you have a pair right?

Yes sir. I had 7 but Dom male is a punk and picks on any other one that starts to change color. Have the male and 4 what I hope are female but I think ones gonna be male. Bigger female is holding right now for second time. Never saw a single fry from first batch. Either she ate eggs or spit and thy were eaten

Yes sir. I had 7 but Dom male is a punk and picks on any other one that starts to change color. Have the male and 4 what I hope are female but I think ones gonna be male. Bigger female is holding right now for second time. Never saw a single fry from first batch. Either she ate eggs or spit and thy were eaten

Awesome, still jealous, you don't see that coloration in m/f pairs very often, I want one of my pairs to breed already I've been waiting forever!

I meant to type.....do I cycle new tank because of the new sand/aragonite even though the water will still be feom my smaller tank

I would just to be on the safe side, just to get the bacteria circulated in the new tank, and get your ornaments and rocks or what have you covered in bacteria as well.Are you using the same filter?Are you gonna remove the water in buckets from old to new?

Im going to buy a bigger filter. Any recommendations on a good filter? Right now I have tetra whisper w the inserts.

Then definitely cycle it with NEW water, if you were going with the same filter it would be ok but just use new water, check your perimeters and you should be good. As for a filter i recommend a marineland emperor 400, I love mine and it keeps my 75g tank crystal clear for as long as the filters are fresh and clear, as soon as I get a tiny bit of cloud I swap filters (rarely does it happen before my 1 month change) and it clears up over night.

How long should I cycle new tank for? And should I add stress coat as wekl

I would do a fishless cycle and the minimum for that size a tank for me would be 5 days like mon-fri I did mine for 7 days because I was just being careful, after 5 days check the parameters. No mess just cycle it for now get that bacteria growing and make sure you have it for the most part decorated like you want it so the bacteria can grow on them as well.

The only downfall to white substrate is all of the "duty" (poo) shows real well. Pet peeve of mine...IMO if course.

The only downfall to white substrate is all of the "duty" (poo) shows real well. Pet peeve of mine...IMO if course.

Yeah that's all we have it opinions, but I find it relaxing to do water changes and vacuuming up the "duty" of course IMO

You find it relaxing lol. You are nuts. LOL love my python vacuum makes cleaning the tank a whole lot easier.

yeah i do lol, i know it sounds crazy but i have 3 tanks and its rewarding. i like keeping my tanks clean, whenever i have company over during the week or the weekends they all gaze into my tanks in amazement because its "so HD" lol :dance:

Back
Top Bottom