Saved an Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spence0416

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just picked up an Angel from LFS. They had just got in a shipment of these guys and the tank was severely crowded. The one I saved seemed to be taking quite a beating as his fins were ripped to shreds.

What are the best water conditions for this guy to heal? Higher temps? Salt? Meds (don't want to do this). Any advice is appreciated

Keep him in really fresh clean treated water with temps around 82F. Salt won't make a difference IMHO, but see if you can find something called Melafix. Its a tea tree oil based product that has antiseptic properties. Personally I think it kinda stinks LOL but it won't stain the water or mess with the good bacteria. Does a great job in healing fin issues as long as those issue are not caused by major infection (then you'd need a true antibiotic).

And you're my hero spence *grin* love angels; have a coupla kudos!

I could use some of the melafix, but I wasn't sure if it would hurt the Cories that I also have in the tank.

Yep; Melafix won't have a negative effect on the corys, or even inverts from what I've gathered.

Its just kinda smelly LOL

Back
Top Bottom