Say hi to my little friends...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've uploaded some pictures of my mbuna tank. More can be found on my profile page in my albums.

Attachments

• IMG_9863.jpg
    IMG_9863.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_9929.jpg
    IMG_9929.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_9888.jpg
    IMG_9888.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_9925.jpg
    IMG_9925.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 83
Thanks. They can get aggressive with eachother, mostly chasing for a few seconds at a time. I removed three of my sub-dominant male saulosi last week that just couldn't hang. nipped up fins, battle scars, and a messed up pectoral was enough to take them in to my LFS to find a new home.

The bumblebee will most likely be re-homed when he reaches full size. I'm thinking of adding an Acei and a few Afra variations, possibly removing one of the breeding female saulosi.

Looks like you have Auratus,Johanni,Bumblebee all very aggressive fish.Your footprint looks small.Keep a close eye out as when they all get bigger and mature I foresee a battlefield in your tank.Ideally you really need a 4 foot tank minimum for those fish but good luck :)

Thanks. I wish I had room for a larger tank, but I have what I do now. I compensate by overstocking & rearranging. The bee will most likely be going in the next 6 months. I remove the ones that can't hang. I haven't had to remove any for being too aggressive yet. I try to keep their mature sizes similar (dwarf mbuna species), which is why the bumblebee will be going.

Back
Top Bottom