Schooling cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hrvat31

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 75 African Cichlid tank and I was just wondering of there are any schooling African cichlid.

I've got a 55 gal tank with 2 x copadichromis borleyi in it and they swim together all the time. The aquarium I bought them from said if you buy them in large quantities they will school. Pretty cool fish too

Cyprochromis are schooling fish and do best in a large group! Very colorful fish. They like open water and will stay off the bottom so you can still do substrate species to fill out the tank

Cyprochromis are schooling fish and do best in a large group! Very colorful fish. They like open water and will stay off the bottom so you can still do substrate species to fill out the tank

Cyprichromis

In a 4' tank you are pretty much limited to Cyps, even then they don't do well in such a small aquarium.If you do decide to get Cyps I recommend sourcing them locally because they don't ship well. However if you were to upgrade to 6' 125+ gallon aquarium you could do "schools" of some of the medium sized haps.

Are there any other kinds that can do well in my tank

Back
Top Bottom