Scrawny Yellow Lab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of days ago when I fed them the usual NLS Cichlid, I added in a small crushed pinch of Tetra Cichlid Flakes (yes I know that's too much protein for Mbuna, it gets used very very rarely and in moderation). The little Lab looked like it ate a few of the crushed flakes. So, as an experiment, the next day I fed them some NLS Small Fish Formula instead of NLS Cichlid. The little lab ate a few tiny pellets. The next day I switched back to NLS Cichlid and watched it eat. It still spits most of it, but it looks like it eats at least a couple of pellets. Again, it's still very active and has full vibrant colors. It gets very excited during feeding time. It just doesn't "act sick." I may be in relatively new (<1 year) to the Cichlid business, but I've been doing community fish on and off for 30 years, so I can recognize a fish that is ill and can usually predict a death a day or two in advance. I guess I'll just wait it out and see what happens.

It's kind of funny how if a relatively new fish dies it's just a bummer, but if it's one that you have had for a few months gets ill, you get a bit attached to it/them and are willing to spend some money and time to nurse it back to health.

Back
Top Bottom