Setting up a multi tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delfisherman

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i bought a 20l from the last petco sale and now im finally to the point of setting up for shellies. I bought black diamond blasting sand extra fine as a substrate. I also bought a fluval c2 filter and escargot shell for the tank. Im on a business trip and bought two peices of texas holey rock to help the ph. Now that i have all the components the livestock is the hardest part. I found them on daves and thats about it. Any one who breeds id love to talk to you. Ill update once i get home

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine breed but my fry are much to small to sell, and my catfish usually gobble up the stragglers until I'm down to a few. If you have any questions regarding them, I'm more than happy to answer. Personally, if you are going to be ordering them anyway, I'd look into some of the other species, like ocellatus "gold" or brevis. Multies are pretty common and breed like crazy, occies and brevis are a bit more desirable color wise and can be sold a bit easier when they over breed. Just my 2 cents :)

Hmmm weird, I know at least 4 fish stores within an hour of me that have them or can get them. Must be more of a regional thing?

Im in the midatlantic. They are just hard to find period. Thats why i want to breed them

They are pretty much impossible to find in the Rocky mt. region as well. I ended up ordering mine in from the Wet Spot in Oregon; Online Sales

I built my stand and halfway stained it last night. I also painted the tank so ill post pictures tomorrow when i can get back to it.

U just finished setting my tank up my tank with shells and holey rock. Just waiting for all the bubbles to dissapate to get a picture

So i have my multis on order and my light will be here soon so im almost done with this set up

Attachments

• 1400895342365.jpg
    1400895342365.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 120
Tracking this thread. I'm looking into setting up a multi tank as well.

Yeah. I've gotten everything but the fish. We were thinking about ordering them online but shipping is outrageous from some places!

I found a guy on facebook in a group i belong to that im getting 12 for 8 a peice with 12 shipping

Light came in today just waiting on my fish to arrive

Attachments

• 1401488376447.jpg
    1401488376447.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 76
Back
Top Bottom