Sex of my Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll take more pictures if you guys want. The little one spends alot of time running from the big one, espically around feeding time.

They're still pretty young, so their colors may not be up to specs.

do they look healthy to you?

Weasel F. said:
Man i'm gald You see it to, I thought I was losing it for a minite there. I knew Bolvines had red eyes and didn't hve that much color. LOL

Hey, Bolivians do not have red eyes, lol. Only GBR's do, lol. My pair of Bolivians have regular eyes. :)

Weasel F. said:
Yea a couple more pictures to settle this. LOL

I already posted, lol. Guess what these are, and what color eyes do they have? LOL. BOLIVIANS. LOL. Normal eyes...

75g238.jpg

And what is this? German Blue Ram female. :) Red eyes... :)
75g386.jpg

My bad I was thanking sudz was asking if coupe more pictures woud help. LOL I'd like to see his again from the side.

Hey Sudz, is it possible for you to post a couple more pics? Maybe a little better side shot? They do look like GBR's, but also have some characteristics of a Bolivian, like the eyes. If it's possible that is. :)

Weasel F. said:
My bad I was thanking sudz was asking if coupe more pictures woud help. LOL I'd like to see his again from the side.
Not your fault, lol. Kind of looks like they have characteristics of both. The blues and body shape of the GBR, but eyes of the Bolivian. Wonder if it possibly could be a cross?

Is that even possible? A hybrid would be pretty cool though. I wonder what characteristics you would try to breed for if it was. The coloring of the GBR with the body size of the Bolivian. I love the red tips of the tailfin on the Bolivian and the blue specks on the body of the GBR.

Yes it is possable, I have a buddie that I'll e-mail and have him send me the pictures of his. He has Bolvine and gold ram mix. I've seen them before there really pretty with ugly body shape thou. Most pro fish breeders say that it can't be done with out artafical insemulation. { are how every that's spelled. LOL} But his done it on there own.
I'll e-mail him now and get the pictures posted. Just as soon as I get them.

Back
Top Bottom