Sexing Brichardi (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxmoorishmanxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Guys I Got a couple of Neo. Brichardis one larger one and one smaller i was wondering if anyone can help me sex them. The smaller one is very small and skiddish so i wasnt able to get a great shot and i know the sexing may not be very accurate but i will take all the help i can

Attachments

• mini-larger_fish.jpg
    mini-larger_fish.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 228
  • mini-smaller_one.jpg
    mini-smaller_one.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 273
Best answer I could find was the males have a longer caudal(tail) fin (the smaller one isn't shown in the pic), but they also pair themselves off, so having a male and a female doesn't = babies.

The first pic I cannot tell the sex being the tail is out of the picture. The second photo appears male. The top and bottom tips of the tail on the male will be longer...more streamy than the female.

here is a bit of a better pic of the smaller one the one i think and hope to be female, also the two are spending more time following, and playing with eachother, and this one the smaller one is doing a lot of digging and moving sand could this be a good sign?

Attachments

• smaller_brichardi.jpg
    smaller_brichardi.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 336
The smaller looks like a female. But don't count your fry yet. :wink: Just because you got a male and a female doesn't mean they will mate. When I was breeding them I got about 8 of them and let them pair up on there own. Some didn't get along with the others. I usually had two groups. One group being the more dominate group and the one that produced fry. :mrgreen:

No need to hide.. I will have BRICHARDI~!

Great photo's Moorishman~~!!!

No...I don't think you are crazy Moose. I just know you're suffering from LOB (lack of Brichardi) and I kinda thought that you would see this and well...let's just say that you've seen this and it hasn't caused any err...LOB relapses.

Again, I commend you on your tolerance and my apologies to you Moorish for inquiring. :D

Back
Top Bottom