Sexing convicts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecos4596

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking I have two males and a female but I wanna make sure they are all pretty small.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389922379.721017.jpg
Dominant I assume male
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389922432.530942.jpg This picture does his male looking fins justice. He has a little bit of cloudy eye but it's almost gone.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389922543.639682.jpg Sub dominant male. Can't see his fins because he's well sub dominant so doesn't show his fins as much but sometimes the two males have a good hour or so squabble.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389922629.034795.jpg And that's the little female at least I think. Thanks for any answer.

Will do but tomorrow because its 12 here and I got a beautiful female 100% sure convict today!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390074228.296813.jpg This is my new female she is so much of I guess I could say better strain? Than my others more pronounced stripes when I got her she had a bright orange belly ready to breed but it hasn't come back since I added her. Males are gaga over her and when I do a water change the two females get very feisty and start fighting and courting with the males.

And sorry about the picture water is cloudy from rearranging things and I just couldn't get a picture!!!

Hoping for fry I've never had a fish breed before except for like my first fish which were live bearers so Im thinking ill have a pair at least within a week.

I know I should probably make a separate thread for this but I'm going to see if I get responses before I do can I don't have a heater in my 10 gallon tank and all my fish are tropical but very hardy and I'm wondering if it would be ok if I had to put one in the tank for some reason would it be ok?

Your convict will breed and then attack any other fish in the tank honestly you should just set up the 10 gallon throw in a male and female in the with a pot and they will breed trust me I bred convicts for over 6 years and never used a heater for them but the heater will make the baby's grow faster

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Females around half the size of male when older and females have a lot more orange green yellow in belly ventral and dorsal fin areas

Back
Top Bottom