She finally spit, babies babies babies! (Pics now)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
My holding mother finally spit! She has between 30-35 fry, can't get an exact count as they won't stay still. She has had something to eat and the babies are doing fine. Even though she and the babies are OB's I'm going to keep them. I'm just so darn excited, we phoned everyone to tell them. Just like parents, LOL.

Roughly 30-35 fry that I have been able to count. It's amazing to me how they can hold that many fry in their tiny mouths! 8O

Baby Brine shrimp is another great alternative. I've found it frozen and they absolutely love it.

Thanks FF, I have some frozen brine shrimp, they will get it for breakfast this morning LOL. I'm sure they will love you for it! I sit and watch the tank for long periods of time and even though they are only 2 days old, they sure are inquisitive. They go all over the tank, nosing around searching for food. Momma is back in the big tank. She seemed very very happy to get back to all that room!

Brine shrimp may be too big for them to eat. Try to find some baby brine shrimp. It is very small and they should be able to eat it easily. As they get larger they should be able to take the regular brine shrimp and flake.

Baby brine is pretty easy to find. Well, around here anyway. LOL It's frozen and comes in cubes like regular frozen brine.

Man do these guys grow fast! Now they are swimming all over the tank and have grown half their original size in a few days! It's amazing to watch their progression. :!:

Yup. They are pretty cool to watch. It was cool when one day the tank lights flicked on and about 25 of the Cobalt fry in our tank had egg spots. LOL It's pretty cool to watch their progression.

Back
Top Bottom