Shell Dweller Experts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm hoping to start a small colony shell dweller tank in a 20 gallon and am doing tons of research but am just looking for anyone with personal expierence.

What species do you keep? What size tank? Paremeters? Are they fun to keep?

Any opinions welcome!

Also I can't find anyone selling them in my area. Would anyone be willing to sell me some and ship them up to Canada?

I keep occellatus gold, but not by themselves. They are part of a community in my 75 gallon. Beautiful fish. Great personalities and tough as nails. I love them. I would suggest watching aquabid.com for some in your area if you are having a tough time finding them.

Alright thanks! I'm looking to keep them in more of a species/colony tank myself. Do you have any pictures of yours?

I have multis

They are in a holding tank (and they have fry i notice) at the moment while a setup their new home, but these were their tanks

Attachments

• 2.5ft 19th Oct 2012.jpg
    2.5ft 19th Oct 2012.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 3.5ft tank 13th July 2013 1a.jpg
    3.5ft tank 13th July 2013 1a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 70
I have 4 adult and 1 juvie in a 15 gallon Neolamprologus miltifasciatus I've had then for about 2 years. they are cool and interesting but i have become bored with them since i have gotten in to sa/ca cichlids. If you were local to me I would give them to you.
attachment.php

All you need is sand shells and the shell dwellers Temp around 80 good filtration and you will have fry in no time. Mine have never been sick I do a 50% weekly water change and feed nls and frozen brine shhrimp as a treat once a week

Neolamprolagus brevis
Parameters: slightly hard. I use terrestrial ppant to filter my water so parameters are always stable.
Tank size: 10 gallons

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome! Ill definitely look around for a way to get my hands on some of these guys!

Back
Top Bottom