Should I get a Convict too?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chew valley

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am finishing setting up my new tank this week and intend purchasing a Green Terror and a Jack Dempsey next week. My tank is 63 gallons (240 litres).

I am happy just keep the two and am aware that it may be OK but there is a chance that these two will not work out. So is it better to just go with that or is it better to add another fish to try and lessen the aggression. My thinking was maybe to add a Convict too?

I would be cautious in that situation since a 4ft barely allows for individual territories for two fish mush less three. I think between aggression and deteriorating water conditions I'd stick with your first two choices. That or skip the jack and add a pair of cons with the GT, this way he'd be able to survive the onslaught of a breeding pair of convicts.

I would be cautious in that situation since a 4ft barely allows for individual territories for two fish mush less three. I think between aggression and deteriorating water conditions I'd stick with your first two choices. That or skip the jack and add a pair of cons with the GT, this way he'd be able to survive the onslaught of a breeding pair of convicts.

Thanks. Don't want to breed anything really so will skip the idea of convicts. Really want both the JD and GT as both are so beautiful, think I will just stick with the two then. Hopefully as I am buying them both as juveniles there is a good chance of it being OK long term.

Back
Top Bottom