Should I go with cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HyperSynergy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am on a bit of a mental debate with myself. I am just now after a year going to choose which fish to keep. I have kept most "beginner" fish from guppies to platys, all the way to an oscar and plecos. So I have assured myself that I have gotten the basics of fish keeping down. I have even dabbled with breeding live-bears (I know that is the easiest fish to breed). I just wanted to get a feel for breeding and what have you. Now I am extremely close, as in I am setting up this weekend, to having my 75 gallon tank up and running. After cycling it I want to make my move toward the fish that I am wanted to keep. To make a long story short I have had my interest torn between cichlids and killifish. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light and weigh in on their decision of what I should go with. I know it all ends up to personal preference but I would like input from other folks, I just can't make my mind up. Thanks to everyone in advance for their advice!

for me its not even a question...it's cichlids, they have so much personality and way more fun to watch. My africans act like dogs they follow me around lol

You posted this in the cichlids section so most people are going to say cichlids :). But to be honest I have kept all kinds of fish and Central American cichlids are my favorite so my vote would be for them or South American.

Quest is right they are very much dog like. I am a huge fan of Severum, Honduran Red Points, and Thorichtys.

I've always wanted to keep killies but I'd go with cichlids in a 75g, save the killies for a smaller tank.

Back
Top Bottom