Showing off my new beauties!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbar

Aquarium Advice Regular
About 3 months has finally paid off and can finally enjoy a well established tank with these guys. Can't thank the guy enough for these absolute beauties! IMG_0306.jpgIMG_0311.jpgIMG_0313.jpgIMG_0319.jpg

Beautiful African Cichlids! What size tank and is this just a male only show tank or are you going to introduce females too?

Beautiful African Cichlids! What size tank and is this just a male only show tank or are you going to introduce females too?

It is a 125 gal. This is my show tank. I will begin to introduce females in different tanks. I don't want to deal with or create hybrids and want keep the strains as strong as possible with what I currently have. The guy I get them from is awesome and he has females available when I am ready.

I have a few other peacocks in the tank and a star sapphire hap juvenile that I rescued who has a deformed tail fin. We call him nemo.

It is a 125 gal. This is my show tank. I will begin to introduce females in different tanks. I don't want to deal with or create hybrids and want keep the strains as strong as possible with what I currently have. The guy I get them from is awesome and he has females available when I am ready.

I have a few other peacocks in the tank and a star sapphire hap juvenile that I rescued who has a deformed tail fin. We call him nemo.
That is a great idea, as a past breeder of Africans (mostly mbuna), a LFS is more likely to take your juvies in for store credit if they are full blood. I got to the point where my African breeding was getting me enough store credit in the area that I was virtually running my tanks for free, minus the hours of labor it took ;)

Can't wait to see more pictures and possibly your breeding tank too when you get to that point ?

That is a great idea, as a past breeder of Africans (mostly mbuna), a LFS is more likely to take your juvies in for store credit if they are full blood. I got to the point where my African breeding was getting me enough store credit in the area that I was virtually running my tanks for free, minus the hours of labor it took ;)

Can't wait to see more pictures and possibly your breeding tank too when you get to that point [emoji41]

The main LFS will only take them as donations unfortunately. But we have no kind of actual LFS where I live. I would eventually like to give other people access on caring for these beauties in our town but that is a long process so we will see. Until then I have a 65 gal community but I'm going to move those over into another tank and start my breeding their and begin building my fish room!

Jbar. What's the fish name in these pictures? My kids want something close to what you have here. Thank you.

Jbar. What's the fish name in these pictures? My kids want something close to what you have here. Thank you.

I will just name them all. Haha

1st- Super Red Impress (Hap)

2nd- Eureka Red Jake, and Dragonblood (Peacocks)

3rd- German Red (Peacock)

4th- Red Top Lwanda (Peacock)

Back
Top Bottom