Sick Angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DANIELLE L

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone! I am a new fish mom & have acquired a 125g tank when my fiance moved in. I bought many xlarge Angels over the last 2 months & have lost about 5 ( not all lost or bought at once). I have 7 left, along with an elephant nose, a couple Glo fish, 4 Cory Cats, 12" common pleco, 5 "golden bristlenose pleco & an 8" & 5" Goldfish, 1 butterfly (lost one last week) & 2 Rainbow Tetras. They all seem to be getting along well,but I keep getting Ich,mostly on the Angels. I've been treating with the blue liquid Ich Guard & The All-in-one Fizzers,along with increasing temp to 80°. Also added some Aquarium salt. PLEASE HELP, DON'T WANT 2 LOSE ANYMORE ANGELS......need advice!!

I'd quarantine the infected fish until they are better and continue to do partial water changes to try to get it out of the system while continuing with the salt treatment

first off, you are mixing cold water fish and tropical fish. It would be a good idea to re-home the goldfish.

Ich can be beat with heat or heat plus salt but you need to get the temps around 87F 80 is not going to help you.

Also, stop adding fish. You should also consider using a quarantine tank on all new fish for a minimum 2 months.

If you want to stop losing fish start by bumping the temp as I suggested (you need to hold it here for 3 weeks and during this time you need to do lots of water changes and gravel vacuums to remove the parasite. adding some salt will be a good idea too. Keep the tank very well aerated.

I'm assuming, giving you the benefit of the doubt, that double posting this was a simple mistake.

For the health and welfare of your fish I hope you do some research, fishkeepers best friend. We're not trying to be mean, but we care about your fish and your experience with this hobby (want you to both have enjoyment, not trouble).

Back
Top Bottom