Sick Cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patola_l

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, i have 75 gallon tank, and it currently only houses an electric blue and electric yellow cichlid... i notice over the last 2 days that there seems to be what looks like a white string coming from the electric blues mouth, and he hasn't seemed to eat in the last 2 days im unsure if its something i should be concerned about or not. Any ideas? Just tested the water and ammonia and nitrites are 0 and nitrates are at about 20ppm.
Any help would be appreciated.

he still didn't eat today... the string is more like a bump really.... is there something else i can try feeding him, i am just feeding him cichlid pellits from the fish store

Columnaris is what you are describing to me. I had that ravage my mbuna tank last year killing over 30 fish in a few weeks. If this is indeed Columnaris you need to start treating this now. So read the links and decide if that's what your seeing.

What worked for me was Jungles Fungus Clear and salt treatment of 1tbls per 5 gallons. If the other are eating Jungle also makes a food for bactiera infections.

Columnaris Disease

Columnaris

Sorry I did not see this sooner. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom