sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FINNO.fishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ive read few other threads now and Im guessing im in the early stages of, a kind of fin rot.

I have a 150l tank with 7 fish, mostly americans or alike. My two ebjb's are the sick ones and no signs yet on the others. I was goin to start with doing 1/3 water changes everyday for 5 days, should I add sea salt or any other additives.

Your help would be great. Thanks

That's not fin rot, that's someone kicking the snot out of them. There are reasons why there are base stocking recommendations in this hobby as some fish simply are not compatible, especially weaker fish such as EBJD.

I'd remove the fish and place them into a QT tank and perform small daily wter changes, I also wouldn't add them back into the display tank either.

Ok I thought it might of bin cause the top of the body did have dots yesterday and now the dots are small furry sores or something

Keep the water conditions pristine with a nitrate concentration of below 10ppm to ensure no secondary infections such as fungi outbreaks.

Back
Top Bottom