Sick jewel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adkjoe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had this jewel for about 6 weeks and he has been doing great. For the past week though he has just sat on the bottom of the tank, labored breathing, etc... The other cichlids in the tank are great. He has no spots or no signs of illness that I can tell except he rarely moves and just lays on the bottom and doesn't eat. Is there any advice, anything I can do? Thanks.

image-1831091960.jpg

Do a large water change. Add a stress coat and then see what happens. How is ammonia nitrate and nitrite

Ammonia is high. Try ammonia removers and water changes. Thats all I can tgink of unless someone is picking on him.

Not getting picked on. Only 3 fish in the tank including him and I watch it pretty closely. Just did a water change and added some stress Zyme.

Any white stringy feces floating about? Could have internal parasites. Or perhaps bloat.. Does it look constipated..

Haven't seen any stringy white feces but he does have a fat stomach. If it is bloat which I'm not sure what can I do?

Looking at him today he has all the symptoms of bloat. I read I can treat the tank with clout. I don't have a quarantine tank so can I treat the entire 55g? There's only 2 other fish in it besides him. Thanks.

Get urself a ten gallon (14$ max) and treat the jewel.. It will save u plenty of money if you do decide to medicate...Epsom salt is to suppose to help as well..

Back
Top Bottom