Sick or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charbel.eid9

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had this fish from one year and it was doing great. I noticed now that it is losing weight and looks thin. It is eating and acting normally. But that's weird! Is there anything i should worry about? And what type/name of fish is it? Thanks

Attachments

• image-1992895035.jpg
    image-1992895035.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 65
mdawg75 said:
wait for one of the experts, but is that a salt grain look on him if so it could be Ich

And could the ich make him lose weight?

The symptoms of ich are very evident and usually include characteristic white spots on the body and gills. In some infections, the ich organisms will only be found on the gills. As the disease progresses, the fish will become more irritated and may try to rub or scratch against the sides and bottom of the tank. The disease may then cause respiratory distress, severe agitation, loss of appetite, and eventually death.

Taken from Peteducation.com

mdawg75 said:
The symptoms of ich are very evident and usually include characteristic white spots on the body and gills. In some infections, the ich organisms will only be found on the gills. As the disease progresses, the fish will become more irritated and may try to rub or scratch against the sides and bottom of the tank. The disease may then cause respiratory distress, severe agitation, loss of appetite, and eventually death.

Taken from Peteducation.com

Thanks for your fast reply. This helped a lot. I will double check him tonight.

Back
Top Bottom