Sick Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbio

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all, trying to help out a friend here, any idea what going on with this guy? In a 37g community. Just in with tetras and small danios. I don't have the water parameters yet. But anyone have an idea based off these pics. Thanks in advance.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420699924.895402.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420699939.762468.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Guessing a fungus. But wanted opinions before recommending a treatment. Thanks again.

With out a clearer picture it's hard to tell exactly. To me it looks like Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE) , which is caused by improper water conditions and lack of nutrition.

Delapool - his eyes seemed fine.

Mog - sorry those were the best photos I was able to get on my phone. It was odd because most of the cases I saw of HLLE both sides of the fish seemed effected. However this fish only looked that that on one of its sides. The left side of him seemed perfectly normal. Is that normal?

At any rate.. your friend should start performing approriate weekly water changes and look into some meds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the input brook. Just trying to understand what is being treated to advise the correct meds...

Mog should have an answer on specifics

HLLE doesn't respond to meds, large bi daily water changes and high quality foods are the only cure.

HLLE doesn't respond to meds, large bi daily water changes and high quality foods are the only cure.

Yes, that's correct.

For as much damage is done there always be permanent scarring around the lateral line. With proper water parameters and a high quality diet it will heal but the damage is already done.

I'm shocked it's still alive actually.. must be great stock.

Back
Top Bottom