Sick Ram - Please help !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coxyhammer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Water paremeters are fine

Temp 27
GH 6
PH 7
Nirite 0
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 0

My electric blue ram has suddenly changed behaviour. She is either sitting just below the surface or just resting on the bottom, breathing really quickly. Has gone off food and generally looks like she is ready to die.

She's been in the tank for about 6 months and up till now was fine. We did have a male with her but he died about a month ago. I've just added a small pair but she was sick beforehand. Other tank mates are neons and clown loaches.

What can I do??:confused:

There should be 5-20 nitrates in a fully cycled aquarium.

assuming that your aquarium is cycled, Have you changed the gravel, Changed the filter or filter cartridges? By doing any of those, It most of the time causes a mini-cycle.

Tyler

tyspot1000 said:
There should be 5-20 nitrates in a fully cycled aquarium.

assuming that your aquarium is cycled, Have you changed the gravel, Changed the filter or filter cartridges? By doing any of those, It most of the time causes a mini-cycle.

Tyler

+1. Also, you have to make sure you shake the second nitrate bottle REALLY well or it will not be very accurate. I learned that from experience (and w/ the help of sone of the people on this site lol.)

Back
Top Bottom