side scraping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, just get them down to safe levels. It looks like your close to being cycled. Let your tests tell you when to do water changes.

Last edited:
About a hour or two. You will want the new water to acclimate. Post results then.

hdultra said:
About a hour or two. You will want the new water to acclimate. Post results then.

Around 50% wc
7 hrs later...
Ph 7.8
Ammonia .25 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 40 or 80 I can honestly NOT tell a difference in the two readings colors! I've been up for about 26 hours... could be why.

Just keep up with the 50% daily changes and use a quality water conditioner like Prime to help with the ammonia and high nitrates on the fish. This will convert the ammonia to a less toxic form.

Just keep up with the 50% daily changes and use a quality water conditioner like Prime to help with the ammonia and high nitrates on the fish. This will convert the ammonia to a less toxic form.

What he said.

3rd day, 3rd water change. Everything is the same except the Nitrates have lowered a bit (20 ppm)

Most cichlids do this and it is a territorial thing. Occasional "flashing" is normal. They will also do this when sick or as the others have stated, dealing with parasites but alot more. they resemble stroke victims when it is too much.. Heck I have non cichlids do this too. Again it has been told to me it is normal and referred to as "flashing" like a bird fluffing up or a lizard flaring its neck to ward off competition. Even you.!

Back
Top Bottom