Silly Question about Buying in Bulk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ousig

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to start my peacock tank within the next couple of weeks so I've starting shopping online. Obviously, the males are pricey and juveniles are cheaper. It seems to be more cost effective to buy a couple juvs for the price of one male. If I go this route, will it be easy for me to get rid of my extra females? I'm just wondering if pet stores will take random females and if those of you that go this route have any ideas to share. I'm trying to see if there is a club that I might be wiling to donate if all else fails but not having much luck.

Would like to hear how some of you go about stocking your tanks. I'm hoping to do an all male peacock tank but it might take me years to get it stocked based on the prices :)

Thanks for your time and reply in advance!

Peace

Only local pet stores will take them if they have the room, but will of course take them for free or pay you 1/3 or less of the price you paid.

Better if you can find a group where you can sell them to others but it will take time.

If you are limited in money. It will take time to build your stock. Working on your aquarium and the set up is the most fun part IMO

LFS will not pay for females i have tried and nobody looks for females so your best bet is finding a LFS that takes them for free

I preferably buy in bulk (juveniles). That way you can choose which ones you like most (as well as your desired male/female ratio), then sell off the rest at an aquarium club in your area, or Craigslist. If none of those work out, just give LFS a try, but as others mentioned, you won't get much, if anything, from them. However, you at least get the stock that you want :)

Sonics,

I think that is what I will be doing. I've opened up some dialog with live fish direct to see what options they have.

Thanks again everyone for time and responses!

Peace

Back
Top Bottom