size difference in stocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might help to add some tall plastic plants or some thing to the tank. Is there one bully in the tank causing the damage? You could sell them but its nicer to them to plan to keep them long term in my opinion. It's kinda like getting a puppy and selling it when it's a dog.

It might help to add some tall plastic plants or some thing to the tank. Is there one bully in the tank causing the damage? You could sell them but its nicer to them to plan to keep them long term in my opinion. It's kinda like getting a puppy and selling it when it's a dog.

It depends on who in my tank you ask the redtop is a food hog the johanni isn't to mean except to the blue zebra or when someone comes into his territory but isn't tootoo bad the rusty is a fin muncher to a few different guys especially the crimson tide then him and the peacock argue over the johnstoni

6 ebj
6 kenyi
2ob fuelloborni
2 regular fuelloborni
3albino red top zebra
3 gold lab

That's what I would do using that list you can go higher but less is better if it will work so I'd go up to 22

6 ebj
6 kenyi
2ob fuelloborni
2 regular fuelloborni
3albino red top zebra
3 gold lab

That's what I would do using that list you can go higher but less is better if it will work so I'd go up to 22

My wife would like to keep the ebj and rusty if possible and with that mix should it be all male I'm not trying to breed any of theese

Oh I did forget to mention that when petco has it 1g/$1 sale I'm going to get another 55 and connect the two my an overhead tunnel so I can sit in between them and under it if my math is right I would be ending up with a total 130g minus substrate and decorations will that help in the future with what I can keep and get now

Oh I did forget to mention that when petco has it 1g/$1 sale I'm going to get another 55 and connect the two my an overhead tunnel so I can sit in between them and under it if my math is right I would be ending up with a total 130g minus substrate and decorations will that help in the future with what I can keep and get now

The 1g/$1 sale is on now? Darn! Bought a 20 long about a month ago for...um...$42 :(
But I just picked up two more bags of EcoComplete for $9 each. They also have some other CaribSea products for sale but I can't remember which ones.

The 1g/$1 sale is on now? Darn! Bought a 20 long about a month ago for...um...$42 :(
But I just picked up two more bags of EcoComplete for $9 each. They also have some other CaribSea products for sale but I can't remember which ones.

Not that I know of I'm waiting for it to come back around sorry if I didn't make that clear. I'll call them right now actually and find out.

My wife would like to keep the ebj and rusty if possible and with that mix should it be all male I'm not trying to breed any of theese

I left the ebj I removed the rusty. I hate them little things. Long story but it will interbreed with almost anything.

If it was one long tank then I'd say yes because of the footprint. Are you going to section the two off where water can pass but they cant? That would make it better because then you could separate the more aggressive with the easy going ones. You could keep more fish but size wise isn't going to change IMO.

Last edited:
Haha sorry I missed that one lol thanks for the advice I really appreciate it now with that settled should I do the proper m/f ratio or try to keep it all male

Haha sorry I missed that one lol thanks for the advice I really appreciate it now with that settled should I do the proper m/f ratio or try to keep it all male

I edited my last post to your other questions as you sent this one.

The males normally are more colorful with the females. Most places aren't going to vent them for you either, so I'd just do both. With mbuna females are colorful anyways which is a plus. The chances of you having fry are pretty slim once they become free swimming. So again don't worry about it. They will be fine

I'm getting them from a private seller we seem to get along over the phone so we might be able to vent them as we catch them I know there's an Oo OO rule ill do some research on venting and did u see see the post in here I mentioned about connecting the 2 tanks that will help with the larger fish correct

I'm getting them from a private seller we seem to get along over the phone so we might be able to vent them as we catch them I know there's an Oo OO rule ill do some research on venting and did u see see the post in here I mentioned about connecting the 2 tanks that will help with the larger fish correct

No I didn't see it! I wouldn't think that's going to help the way you have it planned. Its the footprint of one tank but the arch will throw it off IMO. It would be best if you put the two tanks together. I've never done or helped anyone with a tank like that though.

No I didn't see it! I wouldn't think that's going to help the way you have it planned. Its the footprint of one tank but the arch will throw it off IMO. It would be best if you put the two tanks together. I've never done or helped anyone with a tank like that though.

True that I see what you mean mabey ill just save up for a bigger tank and move the mbunas to that then do a showcase peacock tank from the 55.

I have joined two smaller tanks together to make a corner tank. I had two tanks that were very close in size so this is what I did. It's roughly 46 gallons.

Attachments

• image-1252385864.jpg
    image-1252385864.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 63
I've seen that in a thread recently its a cool idea I would like to do that to 2 55s but with my luck haha my first project is gonna b an upside down Betta tank then I'm planning on joining 2 tanks then later on just get a 160 or so for the mbunas and making the 2 joined 55s a peacock showpeice. Question have u ever had or know much about apistogramma flames if so would u mind checking this out for me
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/planted-20-stocking-ideas-257030.html

Last edited:
So I picked up the first round of those guys for my tank it is much more active now. This is what I got for $15
5 kenyi
2fulleboroni
1ob fuelloborni
2ebj

I'm not sure if ill be able to get all 5 ebj from him or not ill find out next week so how long should I wait for my bb to catch up? And ill have pics up soon

Last edited:
So I picked up the first round of those guys for my tank it is much more active now. This is what I got for $15
5 kenyi
2fulleboroni
2ob fuelloborni
1ebj

I'm not sure if ill be able to get all 5 ebj from him or not ill find out next week so how long should I wait for my bb to catch up?

This was an already cycled tank, right? I can remember what you had before but if you had jess fish there may not be enough bacteria to control water quality. Wait a few days if ammonia doesn't spike then your fine. If it's less fish then what you did have then stock away

Back
Top Bottom