Sliced cheese harm parrot fish, convicts, etc.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robneilterry

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My grandson feed my parrot fish and convicts jack d plecto sliced cheese in pieces will this harm them? I've never feed them such so I have no clue. Can anyone help in this as I'm worried. I love my fish and work very hard at looking after them. Please reply, I am worried to death, or ease my worries I'm so hoping it will be alright. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not speak from experience of this situation first.
Next if the fish ate the cheese and are still fine then no worries IMO.
Next if any cheese is left in tank remove it.
Good luck!

I can not speak from experience of this situation first.
Next if the fish ate the cheese and are still fine then no worries IMO.
Next if any cheese is left in tank remove it.
Good luck!

Fish love cheese. We used to take a can of that cheese wiz type cheese while scuba diving , squirt out a few cheesy worms and instant feeding frenzy. They seemed to enjoy it anyway.

Fish love cheese. We used to take a can of that cheese wiz type cheese while scuba diving , squirt out a few cheesy worms and instant feeding frenzy. They seemed to enjoy it anyway.

Lol dogs also love the taste of antifreeze and will seek it out, but that doesn't mean it's good for them. Just a thought ;)

With that said, there's nothing in cheese that would be immediately dangerous. Prolonged feeding of it would cause issues due to being a land based protein and very salty

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom