small cichlid questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dax29

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone had much experience with the dwarf flag cichlid Aequidens curviceps (Laetacara curviceps)? If so, can it be housed with a keyhole cichlid. Is it bad to get a single member of certain species of cichlids instead of having them in pairs.

Lets say I wanted to keep a dwarf flag cichlid with a keyhole cichlid and maybe an angelfish and/or a kribensis. No pairs, just singles in a 29 gallon. Would these fish be okay together or would war and carnage ensue? Most posts list these as peaceful or good community fish (except the angelfish).

I've kept the dwarf flag cichlid (aka Laetacara curviceps) several times and they are extremely well behaved fish although they tend to be very shy and stay under cover. The only time when I have seen them get aggressive is when a pair spawned and the parents drove the other fish away from where they laid their eggs. They get along well with other species such as Angelfish although I've never tried them with Keyhole cichlids. They are sensitive to water quality so make sure to do regular partial water changes.

Back
Top Bottom