Small Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt_55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Say i want some small cichlids for a 5 gallon show tank, any suggestions. Are rams suitable. Please help any fish you name will help.

you are definitely limited, you could do 2 or 3 shellies but that would be it, and I'd move out any fry they have as soon as they are big enough. If you aren't set on cichlids look into scarlet gem badis or pygmy sunfishes.

Do you see them alot, or do they spend most of there time in there shells? They do look pretty so i would be good to see them alot.

Matt_55 said:
Do you see them alot, or do they spend most of there time in there shells? They do look pretty so i would be good to see them alot.

Once they know you're the food bringer, they'll gladly swim out to greet you

herp_mommy said:
Once they know you're the food bringer, they'll gladly swim out to greet you

One reason y I'm stuck on cichlids u gotta love there personalities... like a bunch of hungry puppies everytime I walk by my tank lol

Lol literally all my Mbuna's swim up to the surface / front of the tank when I go up to it. It's amazing... I really love cichlids.

Matt_55 said:
I know what you meen, i'll put food in my hand and they will swim through my hand not a care in the world

How does sparkling gouramis lead u to fish eatting and swimming threw your hand? Jc

Back
Top Bottom