Small tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zimmanski

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, just had a question for you all and any advice or opinions are welcome. Are there any small tank mates like snails, shrimp, or something I'm forgetting about that can survive in an African cichlid tank?

That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to ask to see if anyone had any luck with anything other than fish in a cichlid tank. Thank you guys for your input. Anyone else have any ideas?

That's kind of what I thought, but wanted to ask to see if anyone had any luck with anything other than fish in a cichlid tank. Thank you guys for your input. Anyone else have any ideas?
Mogurako I think use to keep a type of snail with his mbuna that he use to have. I can't think of the name of them. You can try pm him to ask. He is the only one I know of that may of had any luck

My buddy tried snails and a chinese algae eater. His Cichlids ate both of them. I have had a Bichir and a Raphael Catfish with mine for about a year. They leave each other alone. The cat just moves around his different rock houses. I can feed him by hand and he will chase me all over the tank. The bichir just seems to confuse the cichlids. He is always out cruising around. Neither of these fish are small though.

Back
Top Bottom