smh at these "fishkeepers"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Btw I was just googling convict tankmates idk how old that thread is

Hopefully. It's sad all those fish had to suffer. I can't believe one person said with that big of a tank put some large fish in there to the 30 gallon! And the one person that disagreed said no no they need 40 gallons. Wow way off!

Wait are you still looking for tank mates for convict fish?

i dont even know where to begin. the amout of stupid is too much to comprehend. i could understand one post offering bad info, but over and over? wow.

Come on now we all started this hobby just as dumb as those people, the only difference is some of us weren't as vocal with our stupidity.

I still keep my mouth shut & listen most of the time that's the best way to learn but where are the pros that always come in to set people straight. Lol that's the way it is on every thread I've read but this one

Oh haha well I have a breeding pair of convicts in a tank with some other cichlids an a couple catfish. Even when they had eggs all the fish seemed to get along fine too. If you're looking for good tank mates make sure you have a bigger tank with plenty of areas for the other fish to hide.

Or if its just a single convict cichlid then Gould go good with most fish. I have a 30 gallon community tank with smaller tetras and tiger barbs with one convict fish. They all get along just fine with each other with minimal fin nipping. But it all comes down to the temperament of the fish as well

Ya I don't really wanna risk a pair having tons of babies. Im still trying to decide if ill put him with my oscar in the 75 or create a seperate tank with him

I keep a pair of convicts in my 55. They bred and i had a load of fry on my hands. Lets just say my tiger barbs were very enthusiastic about the convict's parenthood. I now have 5 fry left from the batch in January. They're about an inch and a half now.

In other words, I doubt most of the fry will survive in a predatory tank, so you can have a pair with your Oscar and never have to worry about overcrowding.

Back
Top Bottom