snow white cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidbreeder321

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im thinking about putting a snow white cichlid in my 30 gallon tank that already has my male&female blue ram cichlids in it and if thay doesnt work any suggestions of what to put in it?

Are you talking about a snow white socolofi? Like the one in the picture? If so that is a African cichlid and should only be kept with other Africans in a 55 gal or larger.

Attachments

• image-1166688604.jpg
    image-1166688604.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 237
Are you referring to a socolofi (Pseudotropheus Socolofi)? If so, then no. Those need a 4' tank and would not be friendly with your rams. I'm not so sure I'd put any other cichlids in there, except maybe a single angel. Come breeding time, even the tamer cichlids don't play nice with each other or their tankmates. What other fish did you have in mind?

Ok well do u any suggestions on what would go good in my tanks what about a kribensis cichlid?

It doesn't matter what else is in it, unless you want your fish to get ate. You should know this stuff if you breed them IMO. And what is a feeder fish?

cichlidbreeder321 said:
There r to blue rams and one feederfish

What kind of feeder fish? As this could be a goldfish that gets 14in+ and is a cold water then there is rosy red minnow that stays only 2-3in if I'm not mistaken but I could be. Depending on the type of feeder/ when you get rid of it I would go with 6-8 neon tetras, 4 julli corys.

I still would like to keep it a cichlid tank.so do u no of any cichlids that would go good for my tank

I was thinking about mainagno because they get like 4" which is not to big for a 30g and im pretty sure it would get along with my rams

No, wouldn't work. Rams are tame compared to any african cichlid. Unless you have a heavily planted tank with a lot of hiding spots, I would stay away from another cichlid.

Rams kribs angels are the cichlids that will work for sure, you might even be able to put cockatoo cichlids. I've never seen them or done research on them before though so I'm not sure but I believe they are dwarf cichlids.

Kribs get really nice around spawning time. I have three I. My 29 and my dad has 3 in his 30g. All the females have huge bellies in them. You could even try and get an albino krib. I read males Are more likely to breed with an albino female because the belly looks bigger and like it has more eggs. But the females prefer a normal colored male due to the lack of colour in an albino male. But I've never had an albino anything.

Angels would look nice, id say a pair would be fine. But sexing is really hard and if you get kribs come spawning time they might nip but in a 30g it doesn't happen that often.

If you want your cichlids to spawn you should look into something to be chased or dither fish I believe they are called. Something that can be chased so there is less aggression towards the other parent. Cardinals or

So cockatoo should be fine as long as their boundary limits are met which is like your rams. They are really nice fish and full of cichlid attitude. I believe you would really like them a lot! I want another tank!!! I wish I found some when I was stocking

I have two cockatoos...they are beautiful, and mesmerizing to watch! It feels like any day could be the day they spawn! I highly recommend them!

Back
Top Bottom