Spawning angels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fluff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, my angels are at it again, and I got to watch this time. My tank is not set up for them to breed but, they have a mind of their own. My question is, as she was laying the eggs, the male followed along behind and ate them. They didn't do this last time. They layed the eggs and ate them over a period of time last time, not as she was laying. Is this still just a newbie thing for him? She was the only one guarding the area, he didn't seem to care about anything but eating. :? go figure.

Maybe he's just hungry? I don't know but I'd feed him some worms or something.

Or Cindy, one thing that happens more frequently than you'd think is for 2 females to pair off. The only way to be sure that this is a pair is to check their bits as Allivymar used to call them. :wink:

Thank you Brian. They are definitely a m/f pair. I've checked their bits. :lol:
I'm going to be moving all the other fish out of that tank this week and see what happens with the next spawn. If they are never successful, that's ok. I didn't get them for breeding purposes, but if they are successful, then party bonus. :D I was just curious if he sounds like a problem male. If so, I'll just move them all.

Back
Top Bottom