Spawning attempts disturbed......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I'm new to fishkeeping so I ask a lot of questions ;)

I have a 90 gallon tank with 5 yellow labs in addition to my 15-20 other fish. Anyways, we were watching them today after a water change and redecoration. Two of my yellow labs paired off and started to do the spawning dance. They were in the open for about 30 seconds then went into a cichlid stone and continued for another 30 seconds. At that time, my other male lab interrupted them and was quickly chased away. However, they didn't "resume" afterwards.

Is it likely that they will attempt again soon or could they go a long time and never spawn?

Thanks.

lol!

yes they will attempt again. if you really want the spawning, maybe you could remove the aggressive lab for 3 days or so, allowing them some time x

Ok, thanks. I think I'll just give it some time and see what happens. It was cool though cause the lab that started the spawning really darkened up, cool to see.

With mine, they will do it and get interrupted and then be doing it again later. Somehow they end up holding. I think once the female shows that she is down, its only a matter of time.

Back
Top Bottom