Species?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now are juvenile cichlids breed able or do they have to reach a certain age

they have to reach sexual maturity, just like any other fish. that all depends on the growth rate of each species and you will have to look that up. most fish reach sexual maturity around 3-4 months, but some take longer

Thank ya again ive had all these questions and never had a reliable answer until you guys started pitching in so thanks a lot

Hey everyone I have another problem one of my cichlids is being chased a lot by another and In not sure if hes just stressed out or not but he goes to the too of the tank by the filter and sits there crooked like hes slowly going to turn upside down. And the other day it seemed like the one got fed up and they locked jaws. After that they seemed fine but hes starting to slant sideways and hide by the filter again please help!?

They are cichlids and are going to fight and you cant stop this. Males fighting for dominance lock mouths. I actually wouldnt worry yet.
Are fins being nipped or just chasing?
How big is your tank?
Anything else that could cause aggression, what are your water parameters? Its a new tank, did you cycle it first?

No the fins and everything are fine. And I have a ten gallon tank for now I will be upgrading soon though and yes its new and I cycled it first other than that everythings fine they have plenty of cover I do regular 25 to 30% water changes weekly the water and ph levels are fine everythings good just this behavior I was worried since im new with cichlids

No the fins and everything else are fine its a ten gallon tank for now until I can upgrade it is new and I cycled it first I do regular 25 to 30% water changes weekly they have tons of cover and the ph levels are fine. Everythings good I was just worried this is my first time with cichlids

Back
Top Bottom