spent 6 months stocking this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will either need to eventually rehome your Haps, like the electric blue to a bigger tank. Min of 6ft, as Haps can grow quite large and prefer a lot of swimming room.

Fishkeeper88 said:
2 fire peacocks
1 orange blaze lithobates
1OB ruby red peacock
1 taiwan reef
1 eureka red peacock
1 electric blue ahli
1 fryer iceberg
1 regal peacock
1 blue moori
1 baenschi
1 deep red peacock
1 chipokea peacock
1 insignis
1 syno feather fin
1 syno short fin
2 golden algae eaters
and a ruby red growing in another tank to get bigger for this tank.
am I over stocked?
its a 55 gallon
i spent like 6 months stocking it with premium fish
spent over 950 dollars on the fish

Did u order ur peacocks online or did u buy at lfs if so would u mind me asking the name of the pet store cus they look amazing and id love to get some like urs

Did u order ur peacocks online or did u buy at lfs if so would u mind me asking the name of the pet store cus they look amazing and id love to get some like urs

I bought them at like 5 LFS here in the st.louis area. I had a rather hard time getting a good collection of them this nice. I had to spend time checking the stock of like 5 stores for 6 months. trading them fish that were of less color or features to get my stock quality. It helps really if you have a fish that is worth something a private store will ussually trade two or three decent fish for one of higher value.
If you have a few fish getting beat up or picked on by the other fish first research if you have something you should not or trade the one getting picked on out. I have found if you have all beautiful high quality fish there is less fighting and picking.

I just want to say thanks for all your awesome aquarium advice these past few years. I have come a long way from a aquarium noob with a 36 gallon bow front lol. I now understand so much like research before you buy, fishless cycling, seeded media and where to come for advice. I am always learning :) thank you so much to the people of aquariumadvice.com

The guy overstocks the tank with an aggressive mix of fish that are gonna torture eachother until there's a last man standing.

He then goes on to thank the forum for the advice in doing so?

Not many were willing to step up and say hey, you need a bigger tank for what you have.

Someone needs to pee on the fantasy land for the sake of reality. :facepalm:

Fishkeeper88 said:
I just want to say thanks for all your awesome aquarium advice these past few years. I have come a long way from a aquarium noob with a 36 gallon bow front lol. I now understand so much like research before you buy, fishless cycling, seeded media and where to come for advice. I am always learning :) thank you so much to the people of aquariumadvice.com

Your welcome from me if I've helped you any on your journey to being successful with these Cichlids. For now I believe your still going to have some major issues with the stock in that size of a tank. So maybe a little more research would be in your best interest. Some of the Cichlids shouldn't be together because of aggressiveness, size and some just shouldn't be together and imo you have to many. If you need more help on figuring out what is what, we will all be here. But in the long run when they all mature I can see big problems arising.

The guy overstocks the tank with an aggressive mix of fish that are gonna torture eachother until there's a last man standing.

He then goes on to thank the forum for the advice in doing so?

Not many were willing to step up and say hey, you need a bigger tank for what you have.

Someone needs to pee on the fantasy land for the sake of reality. :facepalm:

Look, how about we all be polite and dont go yelling at each other? Im sure the problem is fixable and we can help the OP by advising them on how to fix it without being rude

Your tank is fantastic, I would love to have your beautiful fish. As far as over stocking, you have sometime to work that out. The main thing is you have no issues NOW. Deal with it if you have issues. Don't get discouraged by the rude comments.

Pam is here said:
Your tank is fantastic, I would love to have your beautiful fish. As far as over stocking, you have sometime to work that out. The main thing is you have no issues NOW. Deal with it if you have issues. Don't get discouraged by the rude comments.

That's not always the best attitude when dealing with cichlids. Sometimes you won't see issues for months, maybe even years. Sometimes nipping the problem in the bud is the easiest way to ultimately save your own money and time, as well as the
Ives of several fish. Yes overstocking can help, but only to an extent. Just my two cents :)

Look their are no issues with aggression. I took out.the fish that were aggresive 4 months ago. This is not an issue. I check them everyday and spend time working on the tank. Okay maybe a size issue in a 9 months to a year when they get a tiny bit bigger. I am aware of issues that can happen and try to avoid them in my aquariums now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not use threats of moderation actions to keep your thread discussion moving in the manner in which you desire. If you feel a post is worthy of being reported, then report it and the mod team will deal with it as we feel is appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom