Starter Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice tank but you will need to separate your aggressive mbuna (your metraclima estherae) from those peacocks.

(Unless what looks like the zebra is a lab. Sometimes the colors in a photo can be deceiving.

Matter of fact how about a stock list.

Hence my parenthesis disclaimer. Your yellow lab should be fine and all looks good. Would still love to see a stock list.

I had a bad metraclima experience so I warn everyone whose fish even resembles a zebra.

Albino
German albino
Christmas fulu
Aulonocara firefish
Yellow lab
Blue peacock
And two that came in a assorted tank

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

I have a 75 gallon tank that they are in. I want to add another 8 fish or so. Any suggestions?

My yellow lab is also starting to nip at other fish, not to bad though.

The first pic looks like an albino zebra... the yellow lab being a peaceful part of mbuna would be "ok" (not really) if he is nipping the others... just do yourself a favor and separate...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a 75 gallon tank that they are in. I want to add another 8 fish or so. Any suggestions?

More water movement to decrease aggression and allow fish to utilize currents in the water in their escape routes to claimed territory. Something like a Jebao WP-40 would be a very affordable option for these conditions. It would also be able to provide a pulse option would would be both visually pleasing as well as provide overall more territory as water passing certain areas decrease overall potential territory.

uploadfromtaptalk1435150468339.jpg
This guy is getting aggressive. Would the tank be better without him since I have alot of peacocks and haps in my tank?

Where did you hear such a thing?

Im curious where you got this info as well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I've been doing this awhile and know what minimizes aggression and know why it does. As I mentioned above more current decreases territory sizes and provides more territory around turns and caves. Currents are now also available to smaller quicker moving fish to use as they avoid aggression..

I'm sure a mere google search would yield you someone else explaining it if you feel I wasn't a reputable enough of a source.

Well I've been doing this awhile and know what minimizes aggression and know why it does. As I mentioned above more current decreases territory sizes and provides more territory around turns and caves. Currents are now also available to smaller quicker moving fish to use as they avoid aggression..

I'm sure a mere google search would yield you someone else explaining it if you feel I wasn't a reputable enough of a source.

Watch your tude, bro. I was asking because it was new info for me, and i was curious... All i wanted was explanation and a possible source so i could possibly learn something. You gotta chill a lil man... Your not the only one out there that has been "doing this for a while now". Smile, man. Your face wont crack.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Personally I would increase the rock work by 10 fold.
Example (not my picture)
rock-your-world-cichlid-tank.jpg

Back
Top Bottom