Starting a cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
So the bottom line is I just recently moved and my stock did not survive the shock of the cold temperatures we has while moving so now I'm in a restocking phase and I'm wanting to go with a cichlid build. I will be using a aqua clear 70 or a fluval C3 or C4 HOB. I'm using PFS as a substrate and have access to rocks and caves for hiding. I'm really liking the jewel cichlid for its coloration. I have a 55 gallon tank so suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind I'm looking for vibrant colours. I've even considered discus.

If you want vibrant colors and discus are an option then that's what I would do. Other then that either a Malawi tank or maybe a couple different color variants of rams like golds and blues with some community fish instead.

I had a community tank before and I more or less want to avoid that style of tank. I like rams but I want something of a larger variety. Jewel cichlids have caught my eye but what other cichlids would mix well with them? Any suggestions based on experiwnce?

Back
Top Bottom